- Written by Zac Schroff (U.S.A.), on Dos. There is a program for CGA/EGA screen and another for VGA screen. Version 1.17.
- As Phage, the board shows changing patterns. This characteristic comes from the Leland Ataxx, that the author says having for model.
- 7x7 or 10x10 board, red and blue pieces, classical beginning (human begins in red). 15 levels. It is possible to play human against human, computer against computer.
- The number of blocks may be chosen, from 0 to ... 30 ! So there are many unusual configurations, as more as the symmetry principle is not respected.
A four-layer drawing engine I built
- Zac Schroff has right sentences about his games : « The entire graphics subsystem of the VGA version is written in assembly (the CGA/EGA version is completely Turbo Pascal). The VGA palette animation is completely a background process -- nothing about that is contained anywhere in the primary game loop. The VGA board is drawn using a four-layer drawing engine I built specifically for the purpose.
I admit the game intelligence is not terribly high, but it seems enough to beat quite a few people for a while. I have been working on an idea to improve that aspect, but I have had rather little time to apply toward the goal, so it still is rather mediocre... Even so, I think it is an interesting game to play with. »
- It is a cardshare (postal card to send to the author). The game may be downloaded on the author page (48 Kb, zip format).