- Winfect 1.0 was created in 1993 by Michael C. Smith, an american of Middletown, near New-York. It is a 14.95 $ shareware, registring gives the TPW sources and the next version.
As Attaxx, with two t and two x
- It is said that "WinFect is an adaptation of a classic board game, More commonly known as Attaxx, as well as by other names".
- 9x9 board, red (human) and green (computer) pieces, moves by drag and drop.
- There are 6 configuration of blocks (here called "barriers"), each one having their beginning positions, with 2 or 4 pieces, as shown here :
- It is also said that "any enemy pieces in adjacent squares are "infected" and come under the control of the player who just moved".
You have to infect the opponent
- 10 levels. The fifth is middle-weak, but a little slow.
- It is to download by clicking here (It is the executable, not compressed, 48 Ko).